Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 5, 2009 (Day 2)

Today we woke up early and went to breakfest. I had cereal and bread with peanut butter on it. After breakfest we went to Peace Corps Headquarters and had a tour of of the building, walked around the block, and I received a couple shots from the nurse. I also have a habit of biting my finger nails which the nurse noticed. She immediately told me to stop because I can get some worm disease here from doing it . After everyone finished everything we headed back to our rooms and relaxed. I enjoyed a good conversation with some of my fellow volunteers then we went to the college for dinner.
After dinner all the Small Enterprise Development volunteers gathered together for a meeting with current business volunteers. The meeting was very informative and it gave me more of and idea of what to expect. A volunteer told us how they choose the sites and said the sites that have been chosen for us this year are very cool. Either I am adjusting to the heat already or today isn’t as hot as yesterday but it was very humid. The sun rises around 6:00 A.M. and the moon appears around 6:00 P.M..

No comments:

Post a Comment