Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 7, 2009 ( Day 4)

Today not a lot happened. I decided I would do my laundry but in Ghana we do not have washing and drying machines so I have to do it by hand. A Ghanian lady demonstratesd how to do laundry. It is now my turn and so I attempt to wash my clothes. I do my first shirt and I guess I took too long or I did it wrong, because the Ghanian lady took the rest of my clothes and did them for me. So I didn’t get much practice in.
Later in the day I learned where I am going for Vision Quest. VQ is where the incoming volunteers visit a current volunteer in their village to see what it is like being on your own. I have been selected to visit Marcus who lives in the eastern region in Obawale. Marcus is in the same sector as me (SED) and works in tourism. Today someone decided the PC was not for them and left. There are now 66 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment