Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 8, 2009 (Day 5)

Nothing happened during the day so let me shoot straight to the evening. Party at the US Ambassador’s house! We pull up to his gated house and guards let us in. Once we get inside we head to a giant veranda where the party is. He has a large house ¸big yard, and a pool. After everyone got under the veranda the band started to play. It was a ghanian band and their music was great. A few of us head to the bar to get a drink and we are now waiting for the ambassador to make his appearance. As we wait for the ambassador there is finger food being brought out left and right and it all taste wonderful. Eventually, the ambassador makes his way out and is immediately hounded by people so I wait for the crowd to die down.
I notice the crowd had dwindled down so I make my way over to meet him. I introduce myslef and enjoy a nice little conversation with him and other people come up to talk to him. His name is Ambassador Titelbaum and he is a very social person. I talked to his wife later on and she is very nice too. Halfway through the party Ambassador Titlebaum gives a speech to us. We ended up being there for a couple hours and every aspect of the party was wonderful. He treated us very well. The way back to our hotel was crazy. The driver was out of control, I thought for sure we were going to wreck but we didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment