Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vision Quest Part I

Today everyone one woke up extremely early, 4:30 am, to get ready for our vision quest. Though, since I had one of the shorter rides I did not leave till around 11:00 so I spent a lot time doing nothing. It took me 3 tros to get to my destination and it was fairly simple. Obawale is a small community and everyone is very nice who lives there. Marcus is a great guy from CA and his living quarters would be a walk in closet in America. We didn’t do much today because it was almost dark when I got there. I took my first bucket shower today, I took a bath using a bucket.
Today I woke up to roosters, sheep, and lambs making their animal sounds and someone sweeping outside. You maybe thinkning that it is late in the morning but it is not. It is only 5 in the morning. Later in the morning Marcus take me hiking, it is a 40 min hike up the mountain to a village. The hike is great because the weather isn’t that hot and the scenery is beautiful. We arrive at the village which is called tsebi and we have mangos. We hike back down and later on a local took us to go see how palm wine is made. They uproot a palm treet and drill a hole in the bottom and let the liquid come out. Then they have a whole system to speed up the process to making it an alcohilc beverage. At night we have palm wine with our dinner and it taste very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment